FAQ by Z. Shi on: CFU recognition, annual admission report, and publications

FAQ by Z. Shi on: CFU recognition, annual admission report, and publications

di MANFRIDA GIAMPAOLO -
Numero di risposte: 0

Dear Prof. Giampaolo Manfrida and Daniela Manattini,

I am a Ph.D. student from DIEF in XXXIII circle, and my tutor is Prof. Andrea Rindi.
This is an email regarding the prepared form sheets for the first year. As required, I am sending you the following documents:
1. The annual report, signed by the tutor
2. The recognition of CFUs, not signed.
3. A scan of 'libretto delle attivita', with signatures by professors/engineers.

However, I am not sure if I have understood correctly on proceeding the 'Crediti Soft Skills Ateneo' and 'Crediti a scelta libera personalizzata', so they are left blank now. I have the following doubt to inquire about, and I would be very thankful if you could kindly answer it.

There are some papers authored/co-authored by me published during the last one year, and also I have participated in some activities such as the language learning in the language center (CLA) of UNIFI. Is there some detailed information on the recording feasibility(if they are possible to be recorded or not), the recorded quantity (how many CFUs could they be recorded), and the recorded operating steps (what could we do to make them be recorded)?
I ask your forgiveness for troubling you. Because I tried to ask some other students from XXXII or XXXIII, but I was not able to get a clear and determinate answer.

Thanks for your kind work.

Best regards,

Zhiyong Shi

Dear Zhiyong,

No problem, your inquiry is useful to finalize matters in general.

First of all I apologize for preparing the ref sheets in Italian. Maybe I can ask the help of the PhD student Dept. representatives (Martina Ricci and Leonardo Cozzi) to provide help in sheets and procedures; or - better - prepare an English version of these reference forms. (if they find time...! for helping me, I mean... they are there to help PhD colleagues....!)

Specifically, your proposed form looks fine and you have a good number of activities (please remember that you must document min 40 max 80 for the 3 years - so follow activities but make your plans).

There are no credits for published papers, because these represent  appreciated research outcomes and  do not regard learning (sheet1) or teaching (sheet 2).

CLA activities can be put in the Soft skills, with an equivalence of 1 CFU = 6 hrs for this category. If the Course has not already a CFU assigment - in qhich case we may accept it.

Important:

these forms can be collected on the web through the PhD e-l page. The procedure - configured as a classroom test - is fully operational and offers several advantages:

a) there is no risk that I lose material transmitted by e-mail

b) the Topic Coordinator (Prof. Mario Tucci in your case, in Cc.) has the rights to view your form, approve - or change/adjust - it; yu will receive notification of the approved form, and I as coordinator will use that as reference to produce the Decision of the PhD Steering Committee (in principle I have no reason for NOT Approving the proposals filtered by the Topic Coordinator).

This procedure for CFU recognition is fully working as beta version so please use it (this year will be a general test). It corresponds to decisions taken in the PhD Steering Committee.

A similar procedure is under development for the Year Admisison (word file), but less advanced in development (in this case, approval is requested by your tutor and the number of people involved increases...).

So please use these new facilities when submitting your documents.

Sorry for the long answer, but I will use part of it to provide advice to other Italian or foreign PhD students. If you allow (please explicitly by response), I will just post your question and my answer in a FAQ collection of the PhD. That would be very useful and quick.

Thanks,

Prof. Giampaolo Manfrida,
PhD coordinator (Industrial Engineering)