Election of PhD student representatives in DIEF Department Council - Jan 14th, 2021

Election of PhD student representatives in DIEF Department Council - Jan 14th, 2021

di MANFRIDA GIAMPAOLO -
Numero di risposte: 0

Dear PhD students,

this is a first announcement of the election of 2 PhD student representatives in the Council of DIEF (Department of Industrial Engineering), which will take place through a distance procedure on January 14th, 2021.

Previous attempts were not adequately promoted and the minimum number of votants was not reached.

May I remind that participation in the Department's life (where our PhD is radicated) is very important: the representative will learn how relevant matters for research and teaching are dealt, understand the complex world and problems/opportunities; of course they should express the expectations and report problems of the PhD student's community, and may definitely contribute to the policies of the department in several matters related to the everyday life of the PhD. From my personal point of view it is very important that young researchers are involved in  decision-making.

The mandate of the PhD representatives is for 2 years. For this reason, I would recommend that PhD students of cycles 35 and 36 are mainly considered. 

I would also like to remind that PhD students are also represented in the PhD Council for each cycle - lasting 3 years  - (mainly for information, access to minutes without privacy problems, etc.). The present representatives in the PhD Council are listed below:

Cycle 35: Cantini Alessandra,  Bicchi Marco 

Cycle 36: Sara Aquino, Stella Grazia Tomasiello 

Of course you are free to vote whoever you want among you and to organize a kind of election campaign among yourselves if you like to do so.

For us it's of primary importance that the 2 PhD representatives are elected - you will receive other reminders and information about  this election.

Thanks in advance for participating.

G. Manfrida