Important Message Cycle 34 - Extension (Proroga)

Important Message Cycle 34 - Extension (Proroga)

di MANFRIDA GIAMPAOLO -
Numero di risposte: 0

Dear Students of Cycle 34 - some good news. The Italian Government has approved to extend and support economically the existing fellowships for Cycle 34 because of the COVID Emergency. The request was fostered by the students' associations and had a positive issue.

UNIFI has implemented the process to apply this measure. All PhD students of cycle 34 can apply for an extension using the attached form (in Italian). The extension can be of 1, 2 or max 3 months. Consequently - when approved - all  deadlines will be postponed (delivery of draft of thesis to the external evaluators; ...; final exam). 

All PhD students of cycle 34 who do not ask for extension will close the cycle at October 31st, 2021; deliver the draft of thesis by this same date; and go to the final exam before end April 2022.  After Oct. 31st, the draft thesis will be sent to the external evaluators giving max 2 months for feedback; this means that within January 31st you should be in condition to adjust the PhD thesis in case of request of minor revisions. Meanwhile, the PhD Exam Committee will be appointed by the Rector after proposal of names by the Council. The Committe should receive the final copy of the thesis at least 15 days before the date of the final exam (the exact date i- withion April 2022 - s expected to be known within January 2022).

The PhD Council must approve the list of extensions before the end of September. Consequently please send the form to phd.dief@ingind.unifi.it before September 10.

I wish to make clear that all PhD students of Cycle 34 can ask for the extension; however, only positions with fellowship will be economically supported (this means that Idonei Soprannumerari, such as people with AdR or similar, and all positions without fellowship, are excluded from financial support).

This will be the only official communication; if you know that some of your colleagues are not consulting this communication channel (forum) please spread the info. 

I can anticipate that some similar measure is expected for Cycle 35, but that at present there is no implementation of any measure for this cycle.

G. Manfrida, PhD Coordinator (Cycles 33-36)