PhD Seminar series: Lorenzo Buffoni, February 1st

PhD Seminar series: Lorenzo Buffoni, February 1st

by SCHOEN FABIO -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Students,

we are going to start a regular series of internal presentations from our PhD students.
The idea is to have a periodic meeting (once every two weeks) in which one of you, current PhD students, will give a 45' presentation of a topic of interest (it might be an original research by yourself or an interesting paper just read). The presentation should be organized to allow all the students in the PhD program to be able to follow its contents - so it should be a good compromise between introductory and advanced.

I would like the seminar series to be self-organized: by this I mean that I am asking the one of you who is giving the next presentation to be in charge of organizing the following one, i.e.:

• find another PhD student available for the following presentation (two weeks later)
  • this PhD student should NOT come from the same laboratory of the current speaker
  • a tentative title should be provided and a room in S Marta booked

To start the series, I have asked Lorenzo Buffoni to give us a  seminar on the D-Wave Quantum computer next Friday, February 1st  (room: 107 - please check always the official calendar)

Lorenzo will be in charge of finding the following speaker, scheduled for Febraury  15 (many thanks, Lorenzo!)